By on Mar 26, 2011 in Uncategorized
Great Tips on Saving on Office SuppliesOffice supplies constitute one of the biggest expenses in an office environment. However, you can’t curtail the purchase of these necessities. What you can do, however, is make sure that you can save money on these office supplies.
It is possible to do so without having to sacrifice your company’s needs for these supplies.
1. Buy in bulk. Wholesale office supplies are cheaper than retail office supplies. There are many office depots you can visit which offer lower prices for bulk supplies. By doing so you could save as much as 30% from regular retail prices.
Also it would be well if you shop around before buying your supplies. Most of the supply products differ in prices, so you would be in the best league if you were able to pound was around before purchasing anything.
2. Implement saving measures. One way to save money in the office is by implanting policies that encourage the proper use of office supplies. For example, you could implement measures so that you could reduce the waste of office paper in your everyday operations.Make sure you don’t throw away used papers in the office; they could be used for other purposes such as backing for painting projects, and scratch paper for doodling or writing notes. Waste paper can also be sold to recycling plants for some extra cash.
3. Choose generic. Some of the pricier office supplies have cheaper counterparts. It would do well if you shopped around for cheaper replacements for some of your office supplies. You will however have to balance this against your company’s image. Some companies invest in expensive materials to bolster their image. It is possible to choose cheaper materials without having to compromise this image.
4. Ration your supplies. A good cost-cutting measure would be to ration your supplies among your workers. Some workers engage in prodigal waste because they feel that they have an endless supply of office supplies. Make your workers understand that supplies cost money, and proper planning and use of office supplies is integral to saving money.
5. Perform an inventory. People are less likely to waste good office supplies if they’re supplies are being taken account of. Although it may be too extreme to itemize every single supply they use, at least try to hold your workers accountable for the supplies they do use. This will give you a good idea of where their supplies go.Mail this post