By on Mar 19, 2011 in Uncategorized
College students may find it really a challenge to budget their expenses while studying. Tuition fees, expenses on books and other miscellaneous fees have increased drastically nowadays.
You may find students using photocopies of textbooks instead of buying expensive books.You may also save more money by inquiring on a government college credit program. These programs will help you on your tuition fees, college books, and miscellaneous fees. You may ask your high school guidance counselor on how you can be qualified on these government credit programs.As a student, you should find ways on how you can save money and limit your expenses on your college studies. Here are some tips on how to save more money while you are in college.
1. Find stores that sell second hand textbooks. You may also sell you old textbooks so that you can save more money on buying new or used textbooks.
2. Budget your daily expenditures and allot only what you will need for the day. Stick to that plan and you will realize the importance of budgeting yourself to what you only need.
3. You may try applying for a financial aid at the college admission section. If you are qualified, they will offer you a discount for your tuition and other miscellaneous fees.
4. Try to shop around for stores that offer discounts for college students on selected items. You may use debit cards if you have a checking account instead of using your credit cards in purchasing personal things.
5. Look for an apartment near campus. Make sure the price of the rent is reasonable enough for college students. Look for friends or future classmates who are looking for a place to stay. You may share one apartment so that the price of the rent wouldn’t be that heavy for you.
6. Decide on what course you will take up in college. In this way, you can prepare early and buy the books that you will need in advance. You may buy books online where prices are cheaper compared to bookstores near the campus.You may also find a part time job inside the campus. Colleges offer jobs for qualified students. You may also be offered a scholarship as long you maintain the required average while you are working at school. You will also gain some work experience that may be added on your resume for future job applications once you finish college.Mail this post